An old London
underground railway carriage, built in 1892, was in use as a garden shed until
recently renovated at the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway’s workshops
in Porthmadog. Spick and span after 15 months TLC, and twelve coats of varnish,
the carriage will undergo trials at Loughborough before returning to London. In
January 2013 it / she will be pulled by Metropolitan Railway steam locomotive No.
1 on a journey through the old Metropolitan Line tunnels of Paddington, Euston,
King's Cross and Farringdon to Moorgate to commemorate the 150th anniversary of
the world's first underground railway.